Sugar Loaf – Rio de Janeiro – Brazil[/caption]
I can imagine the struggles the Wright Brothers had to find the best, right, and safest way to fly. Being from Brazil, I would question though if it was not Santos Dumont who went through the intensive labor to figure out the way to overcome gravity and hold a body in the air.
No matter the struggles these men may have found along the way, one thing is sure: they did not give up and their effort was not in vain. They focused on the outcome they believed could happen one day if they persevered.
As I spent my early childhood and teenage years in Brazil, I learne
d from a very young age that just being good was not enough. You have to be the best or become better. This may not make sense for those who already have everything they want, or almost everything. But in the third world the rule is a different one: you have to keep going forward and be different. Wouldn’t we use the same rule to survive the Christian life on earth?
The world keeps pressing against your God given principles of purity, innocence and beauty. Why not to say against your faith? Today many try to justify their sinful life explaining that life has evolved, things are different therefore permitted in modern days.
It has become so obvious that girls are looked at as material of attraction and seduction more than anything else. Your attributes, your talents, your ability to perform as a good candidate for the role of a wife has been diminished to what you could offer right now to satisfy the flesh. Young ladies and young men fake a married life, where living together is like taking a child for ice cream. You go get it, enjoy the good parts of it, and after getting finished with the best you discard what is left over and go find a better one. The ignored detail here is that you get into a sticky situation and it may not come off that easy. Actually it will stay stamped in your life forever!
The consequences will reflect in every aspect of life. Immature people hurt each other for not being able to handle situations they should not have been in to begin with. Girls get pregnant and many times can’t count on the responsibility or provision from her baby’s father. Children are raised in the same home having siblings of five or more different fathers. And we still say things have evolved! Evolved for worse for sure.
But you girls don’t have to be part of this kind of statistics. You were made for something better. You are called to fly much higher and beat the world’s deceiving rules.
How can you do that?
- You will only value yourself if you understand God’s love for you and choose to pursue a life in obedience to Him. The Bible, God’s ultimate book of instructions, should be your guide.
- Learn to say NO to the world and its temptations. Flee from temptations. Don’t entertain them. God will honor you and deliver you when you purpose to live in purity.
- Keep your goals (Godly goals) in front of your eyes and don’t get distracted. How sad it is when young girls have their lives completely changed because of bad choices they made. You need to be strong and not let others sign you up for destruction.
- Don’t settle for less. God has designed a wonderful plan for your life. Do not trade it for “cheap or even expensive” sin. You are valuable to God and He wants to make you fly high so He can reflect His light through you. What a privilege it is to be chosen and used by this loving creator.
- Being attractive depends on which concept you follow. I heard from a young man today who is purposefully looking for a Godly girl to be his wife; he said to me, “She will be stunning because she knows God!” I wish more single men had the same expectation and chose to look at girls in the same way. Only God can make you a better person. Only God can change you into the perfect match for your spouse.
God gives us the right to choose what we will look like and how we want to be known by people. Let Him make of you the Perfect You!